From September to April, the Club holds monthly meetings on the second Saturday at Quorn Church Room (map below). There is parking for about 11 cars at the Church Room. Otherwise there is car parking along Church Lane and in the main car park off nearby Station Road. Meetings begin at 7:30pm. and finish about 9:30 pm. Meetings include talks by visiting speakers and our own members as well as exhibitions and presentations highlighting the natural history year. Visitors are welcome for whom there is a charge of £2.50 which will include refreshments. Members will be charged £2.00.
Upcoming Programme for 2019
- 13 April 2019 – AGM followed by Members Short Talks and Exhibits
The full programme for 2019 will appear here shortly, in the meantime put the dates in your diary.
Saint Bartholomew’s Church, Church Room, Church Lane, Quorn, LE12 8DP
Previous Programme for 2015/16/17/18 included:
- 9 March 2019 – Abruzzo, Italy’s hidden wilderness – Ian B Gamble: Ian will show us some of the wonderful wildlife and stunning scenery of this little-known part of Italy.
- 9 February 2019 -Extremadura and the Gredos, Spain – Pam Darby: this talk is about a beautiful area of central Spain, its lovely scenery and fantastic wildlife.
- 12 January 2019 – Pushing up the Daisies; Churchyard Wildlife – Steve Woodward
- 8 December 2018 – Leicester Cathedral Peregrines – Jim Graham: Jim, President of LROS, was instrumental in the installation of the nesting box for the pair of resident Peregrine Falcons in Leicester. He has been monitoring and studying the pair since 2014 and has watched hundreds of hours of video. We will hear how the project developed and see some amazing footage of the pair as they attempt to breed at the Cathedral.
- 10 November – Helping Hedgehogs – Colleen Powell. With the use of her display boards and the many artefacts collected during the 30 years of helping hedgehogs, Colleen will be keeping us amused, entertained and educated telling us some of her many hilarious stories.
- 13 October – Spreyside: A Place for All Seasons – Richard Pegler. Richard has been visiting Spreyside every year since 2010. This talks shows the wonderful wildlife that you can expect to find in the region.
- 15 September – three short talks by Members Helen Ikin and Steve Woodward.
- 14 April – AGM followed by Members Short Talks and Exhibits
- 10 March – Kelham Bridge from Sewage Farm to Nature Reserve – Baz Forgham
- 10 February – Learning to Love Slugs and Snails – Dave Nicholls
- 13 January – Garden Wildlife – Jack Perks
- 9 December – Aliens Amongst Us – Chris Hollis
- 11 November – Plant Galls – Chris Leach
- 14 October – One Hundred Years of Bird Ringing – Ian Gamble
- 9 September – An Introduction to Planning Ecology – Rupert Simms
- 8 April 2017 – Annual General Meeting followed by Members’ Short Talks and Exhibits
- 11 March 2017 – POSTPONED – Aliens Amongst Us – David C Hollis
- 11 February 2017 – Veteran Trees – James Lee
- 14 January 2017 – Recent Ramblings of a Natural History Photographer – John Tinning
- 10 December 2016 – Life of the Badger – Gerald Hall
- 12 November 2016 – Mustelids – Val Williams
- 8 October 2016 – A Botanist in the Western Cape – Ian Whitehead
- 10 September 2016 – All About Caterpillars – Paul Waring
- 9 April 2016 – Annual General Meeting followed by Members’ Short Talks and Exhibits
- 12 March 2016 – Extinctions, Reintroductions and Aliens – Nigel Slater
- 13 February 2016 – Life Around the Seashore – David Goldsmith
- 9 January 2016 – Fear No Weevil: Beetles and Beetling in VC55 – Graham Finch
- 12 December 2015 – Fish of Britain – Jack Perks
- 14 November 2015 – Wildlife Around Ashby – Martin Vaughan
- 10 October 2015 – Springtime in Provence – Ian Gamble
- 12 September 2015 – Peak District Wildlife – Paul Hodson